Monday, May 18, 2009

WTF of the Day: Bear Seasoning

I like a lazy Sunday. This Sunday was indeed very lazy and suited me just fine. I had apple time to slowly wander the isles of my gigantic employee owned grocery store, Woodmans. They just added tons more organic and natural and gluten-free products, and I was super happy to even find Organicville Ketchup, that uses agave nectar instead of sugar!

It turned out though, that the spice isle was hiding the truly rare find of the day. (No, I did not buy it!)

Ahhh... Chef Peterson's Bear Seasoning! A family favorite! I am wondering if there is a part of the country where, much like out beloved Old Bay in Maryland, you must not be caught dead without Chef Peterson's Bear Seasoning in your pantry. Maybe somewhere in Canada? I admit that while I kinda know that yes, people out there do hunt bears, I also figured it was something to be shrouded in shadow. Apparently though...


"...serious hunters hunt bear." It also mentions something there about "The full enjoyment of bear meat...," specifically Black Bear. I personally enjoy my bear meat when it is running, looking after it's kids, hunting salmon, and not dead. But that's just me. Clearly I haven't tried it with Chef Peterson's Bear Seasoning. I wonder if Stephen Colbert is a fan...

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Yes sir....
Bear seasoning is a big seller here in Montana.

NiNa* said...

Haha I knew it!

So you moved from Old Bay country to Bear Seasoning country.